« The Winners' Circle | Main | May 21 Orientation »

May 19, 2005

OSCAR Winners

Great fun was had by all last night at the STARS event. Five employees were awarded OSCAR Awards. OSCAR stands for Openness, Service, Community, Amazing, and Respect. These employees exemplify those attributes. Winners were Georgine Hallam, director of our Child Development Center, Doug Snyder in our maintenance department, Betty Cianciotto, the University receptionist, Judy Wiessbock, the administrative assistant in the Office of Career Development, and Dolly Cordera in Food Service. This is a very deserving group of people that make life and learning on the Hill quite enjoyable and productive. The winners were certainly stunned and thrilled.

I was the emcee for the program so I certainly had an up-close view of the whole thing, watching employees come on stage--sometimes clutching their hearts, sometimes crying, sometimes speechless.

The presenters of the awards were the vice presidents and the president. They were all having a good time, too, jibing each other (and me, much to my dismay) on stage.

The program last night was all about Pennsylvania (PA). PA food was served. PA beer was served. Activities involving PA railroads, battlefields, and places of interest were all included. It was great fun and as usual here we learned stuff too. I'd say the highlight, though, was the Grape Stomping that took place. And I'm proud to announce that the Admissions team won the event by producing more juice than the other two teams. The Admissions team was made up of Dane Dornin, Jack Serlo, Keisha Jimmerson, Lois Harbison, and Jason Zimmer.

OSCAR.jpg

Posted by MaryKayCooper at May 19, 2005 11:01 PM