Loss of Quality...Kinda

I believe that the Internet does create a loss of quality, but it isn't just the Internet. For example, PerezHilton site is dedicated to spreading rumors around about celebrities based on fact. I saw someone mistake this site for real information. They believe (for example) that Chris Brown abused Rihanna.

It is true the Brown got arrested for abuse ("a criminal threat") against a woman and it is true that neither showed up to the Grammys, but officially it is not Rihanna that has been abused. Just a woman.

This brings up another idea for me. I almost agree that a lot of news needs to have impact to make it. Like celebrities are news now and a big part of journalism is following them around and reporting all their actions. Right now that is a stable market where money is still made.

Is this quality? It does have impact. It's what the people are looking for. It doesn't always bleed, but it does lead.

Students on SuperMedia

Jeremy Barrick said:

It has to bleed before it leads. Otherwise it's boring. Impact has to have a punch. If not, the "normal" consumer will turn the page. That leaves a bland story isolated.