Quality, not Quantity: News Writing Portfolio 3
News Writing class is three quarters of the way done. This portfolio will demonstrates the skills I have learned in class and out of class between the last portfolio and this one. This portfolio will also demonstrate the conversations/debates I have generated about the texts in depth and in brief. I will be putting up a a couple of blogs for each section that demonstrate these skills: Coverage, Depth, Interaction, Discussions, Timliness, Xenoblogging, and Wildcards. We didn't have many blogs this time so what I learned is demonstrated through quality, not quantity.
Coverage - Old to recent, all the work I've done with exception of wildcards at the bottom
Depth - Longer work, goes in detail, cites other sources or personal experience
- Columns do what? - links to another blog of mine for another class
- All the President's Men - cites movies that relate to topic
- Sorry Mom - brings in personal experience that led others to share their experiences
Interaction - where I commented/disagreed on my own blogs that led to more discussion. (Because there were only six mandatory blogs this section, the number here is low.)
Discussions - Blogs that got many comments on and productive discussion without much interaction. (Because there were only six mandatory blogs this section, the number here is low.)
Timeliness - Posted at least two days early and got comments
- Columns do what? - notable because posted very early, but is recent so has small amount of comments still. (This is the reason it can't yet be included in discussion or interaction also.)
- All the President's Men - same as above
- Sorry Mom
- Bummer dude?
Xenoblogging - my comments on other blogs. I did not split it up so, if you're interested, click the links and see to which catergory they apply.
Wildcard - extra blogs that weren't for this class, but I wrote during this time and may tie into the class
- The Dinosaur Capstone - describes my Honors Capstone in which I will be including New Media Journalism methods.
- Want Pot? Get a prescription - blog for another class about editorials, in depth section this is a blog I linked to that had many comments
Note that in most of the blogs I wrote for this portfolio I mention comments on the school paper (The Setonian) and what could be applied and improved on.