Quality, not Quantity: News Writing Portfolio 3

News Writing class is three quarters of the way done. This portfolio will demonstrates the skills I have learned in class and out of class between the last portfolio and this one. This portfolio will also demonstrate the conversations/debates I have generated about the texts in depth and in brief. I will be putting up a a couple of blogs for each section that demonstrate these skills: Coverage, Depth, Interaction, Discussions, Timliness, Xenoblogging, and Wildcards. We didn't have many blogs this time so what I learned is demonstrated through quality, not quantity. 

To see the definition for these sections, see this blog of Dr. Jerz's. This is where you can see other students' portfolios.

Coverage - Old to recent, all the work I've done with exception of wildcards at the bottom

Depth - Longer work, goes in detail, cites other sources or personal experience

Interaction - where I commented/disagreed on my own blogs that led to more discussion. (Because there were only six mandatory blogs this section, the number here is low.)

Discussions - Blogs that got many comments on and productive discussion without much interaction. (Because there were only six mandatory blogs this section, the number here is low.)

Timeliness - Posted at least two days early and got comments

Xenoblogging - my comments on other blogs. I did not split it up so, if you're interested, click the links and see to which catergory they apply.

Wildcard - extra blogs that weren't for this class, but I wrote during this time and may tie into the class

• The Dinosaur Capstone - describes my Honors Capstone in which I will be including New Media Journalism methods.
  • Want Pot? Get a prescription - blog for another class about editorials, in depth section this is a blog I linked to that had many comments

Note that in most of the blogs I wrote for this portfolio I mention comments on the school paper (The Setonian) and what could be applied and improved on.