Final News Writing Portfolio

News Writing class is three quarters of the way done. This portfolio will demonstrates the skills I have learned in class and out of class between the last portfolio and this one. This portfolio will also demonstrate the conversations/debates I have generated about the texts in depth and in brief. I will be putting up a a couple of blogs for each section that demonstrate these skills: Coverage, Depth, Interaction, Discussions, Timliness, Xenoblogging, and Wildcards. We didn't have many blogs this time so what I learned is demonstrated through quality, not quantity. 

To see the definition for these sections, see this blog of Dr. Jerz's. This is where you can see other students' portfolios.

Coverage - Old to recent, all the work I've done with exception of wildcards at the bottom

Depth - Longer work, goes in detail, and links to other sources

Interaction - where I commented/disagreed on my own blogs. I only recieved two comments so I'm combining Discussions here too. Discussions - Blogs that got comments on and productive discussion.

Timeliness - Posted early by a day or two

Xenoblogging - my comments on other blogs. I did not split it up so, if you're interested, click the links and see to which catergory they apply.

Wildcard - extra blogs that weren't for this class, but I wrote during this time and may tie into the class

• "Wherefore art thou Dinosaur" - my summer honors capstone where I will be applying my journalism major.
  • Columns do what? - link to a blog of mine for another class, actually due for third portfolio, but got more comments afterwards

Note that in most of the blogs I wrote for this portfolio I mention comments on the school paper (The Setonian) and what could be applied and improved on.