The Grinch Isn't a Grouch

So did Scrooge learn his lesson? Some students are saying he was selfish and that he really wanted to preserve his spirit rather than help the people. Others say no, he really did change. I think it was both.

"But as I know your purpose is to do me good, and as I hope to live to be another man from what I was, I am prepared to bear you company, and do it with a thankful heart. Will you not speak to me?"

...

"Spirit!" he cried, tight clutching at its robe, "hear me. I am not the man I was. I will not be the man I must have been but for this intercourse. Why show me this, if I am past all hope?"

In these quotes, he seems to have wanted to make changes for the good of the people before he even sees his death (which I suppose is what really drives the point home). He mentions how he'd like to have said something to his Bob.

"Is it?" said Scrooge.  "Go and buy it."

"Walk-er!" exclaimed the boy. (In Stave 5)

What is that? What's that mean?

You know what would suck though? If Scrooge became too fickle in giving away his money and became poor. Then again this may make him even happier and more grateful. I also would want to know if he just does this on Christmas since this is when it takes place and people are generally cheery. But this is supposed to be a real personality change.

SO