Tourist Adventure: Part One

I realized that I did so much last weekend and haven't updated any of it. It hardly pertains to my dinosaur study/certification, but it does with my dinoAdventure.

I decided to do the tourist-y things in the Hot Springs State Park and walked past the Teepee Spa, hot springs bathhouse, and another hot springs pool. Behind these buildings is a path around the original hot springs that flow into the river. The springs had hot multi-colored water, surrounded by rock that looked like crusted sand dunes.

006-02.jpg

This leads right to a swinging bridge that, as the name suggests, swings and bounces as you cross the river.

008-02.jpg

019-02.jpg

From there we saw more hot springs and learned their chemical make-up.

044.JPG

045.JPG

Almost everything is in walking distance (if you don't mind walking about a mile). You can go to the Thermopolis website to ask for a brochure of these and other tourist sites. They will also send you a map. In most Thermop museums or hot tourist spots, there are also these brochures.

View from the end of the safe, walkable distance:

028.JPG

Mickey Hannah said:

That water sure looks inviting!!! Hope you got an opportunity to cross the swinging bridge. It reminds me of the Forbbiden Bridge.

Aja Hannah Author Profile Page said:

I did go across the bridge and it was kind of like the game, but it had a sturdier railing.