One of my guilty pleasures (it's helpful!) is click-to-give sites. These sites are dedicated to a cause and by clicking a certain button, you help to donate to that cause. The donations come from other sponsor sites. For my term project, I plan on making a website that explores these websites, informs more people about them, and explores the real use of the sites.
I've started to design a basic plan for my site. I know that it will include:
- an introduction page.
- a page explaining what click-to-give sites are and how they work.
- a page that explains how much good the sites do.
- a page to link to the various sites.
- a page crediting my sources.
My target audience is every single person that uses the web. If they already use the web almost daily, it won't take much of out their schedule to visit a website to click a button.
The sites I'm looking at are:
- The Hunger Site which includes The Breast Cancer Site, The Child Health Site, The Literacy Site, The Rainforest Site, and The Animal Rescue Site.
Any ideas and feedback are great!!