Saving Grace

I had no idea that Charlotte Perkins Gilman was able to save someone else from suffering the same fate as herself!  How inspiring!

Upon reading the article that she wrote about her reasoning for writing "The Yellow Wallpaper," I felt an instant connection with the author.  I have read this piece before, in 11th grade in high school and in 12th grade, as well as last semester in Introduction to Literary Studies, so I was already familiar with the piece.  However, I can honestly say that I have never been able to relate to this story on such a level before.  I also knew that the story was based off of real-life experience that Gilman went through herself, but I did not know that she prevented another poor soul from experiencing similar events.

This is incredibly inspiring and should show other writers that if you have a story to tell, you should definitely tell it, because you never know who you will affect by getting it out there.