« "Woman finds husband dead." | Main | 200 Word Reflection »

The Jeweller's Shop

Wojtyla, The Jeweller's Shop -- Drama as Literature (EL 250)

"We have to accept the fact that love weaves itself into fate (52)". - Christopher

Wow. There were so many lines like that one that really touched me. Although there were different relationships throughout the play that made me feel both happy and sad, I always felt a constant sense of hope.

"Andrew did not die in me, did not die on any front, he did not even have to come back, for somehow he is (50)". - Teresa

I love how Wojtyla shows everlasting love in Teresa's quote.

Posted by AmandaNichols at September 18, 2005 02:59 PM

girl you got it right on the nose! I also enjoyed how Wojytla expressed how love should be forever and that it should be for the right reasons.

Posted by: Denamarie at September 18, 2005 09:21 PM

It really gives me a good feeling too. I love how Wojtyla keeps the readers' hopes alive throughout the whole play like you said. This line really jumped out at me when Teresa is talking about the children at the end of the play.

Teresa. ...(I remember how once, Andrew, you stood here by me, so discretely: first I saw your face in the window pane, and only then felt your presence)...

This line really touched me and forced me to believe that love was really alive between them. Like you said, this play always gives you hope.

Posted by: Andy LoNigro at September 18, 2005 10:26 PM