« Death........(John Donne Poem) | Main | I actually understand.............(John Donne Sonnet, Go and catch a falling star) »

I don't see how this man kept a girlfriend lol.......(Shakespeare Sonnet)

"I love to hear her speak, yet well I know/ That music hath a far more pleasing sound" (Sonnet CXXX Shakespeare).

I read this and I thought to myself..........well thats something a man would say alright lol, how rude can a person be. Its pretty bad when he would rather hear music over his mistresses voice. I have no idea if he was trying to compliment her or something for back in those times, but thats definitley not the way to do it.

One other thing is I was confused as well because somelines he seemed as those he was being sympatheticall towards her and then other lines it seemed as though he was being rude ? Idk maybe just me or maybe someone else in class noticed it to ?

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tbasiut8dsfh.cgi/12856

Juliana Cox:

I also noticed that his words were rude at times. I think it was nessessary to make such comments to convince the reader of his love for the women despite all of her flaws. If he would only give compliments then we would never gather how rare his love for this woman is.

Richelle Dodaro:

I definitely noticed this too, Andrea. I was going back and forth as to whether I thought he was insulting her or complimenting her. I ended being caught in between. I'm leaning towards him complimenting her, just in a very unique way.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 19, 2008 5:08 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Death........(John Donne Poem).

The next post in this blog is I actually understand.............(John Donne Sonnet, Go and catch a falling star).