« I don't see how this man kept a girlfriend lol.......(Shakespeare Sonnet) | Main | "Shallow How Now........" (MWW Act 3) »

I actually understand.............(John Donne Sonnet, Go and catch a falling star)

"Though she were true, when you met her,
And last, till you write your letter,
Yet she
Will be
False, ere I come, to two or three." (John Donne Sonnet)

I read this line in the sonnet, and thought to myself wow I get it lol. I actually found a sonnet that I can read and understand so far which amazes me entirley lol.

I really liked this line because it had significance to me. There is a reason it is in the sonnet, I don't know the "reason", but I think its there to show that there is a definite ending. If you read this line it doesnt leave you hanging like others. It ends with a finality about it. You know what happens, it doesnt make you think what happens after that or next. It just happens.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tbasiut8dsfh.cgi/12913

Maddie Gillespie:

Stuff happens and everything must come to an end, whether we wish it or not. I think you've done a good job of interpreting this poem. We can't all know the reasons for why literary authors write the things they do, but we can train ourselves to recognize the signs!

Erica Gearhart:

Andrea, I love how you say the last line "doesn't leave you hanging like all the others." I also thought, "Why does it end like this?" but maybe he just want to show that as you say this "just happens."

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 21, 2008 5:17 PM.

The previous post in this blog was I don't see how this man kept a girlfriend lol.......(Shakespeare Sonnet).

The next post in this blog is "Shallow How Now........" (MWW Act 3).