« This is very true__(Foster Pg. 97) | Main | Ok so this is something I agree with......(Monteiro) »

"Victory comes late".......(Dickinson)

"VICTORY comes late,
And is held low to freezing lips
Too rapt with frost
To take it."

I picked this part out of the passage because the first line states, VICTORY comes late, this is not always true, but somtimes for the most part, it is. I also picked this particular passage because its the begining of the poem and its the first thing one reads and I thought to myself, what an interesting way to begin a poem. It was interesting and it made me think untill I just had to read the rest.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tbasiut8dsfh.cgi/12785

I also agree with you. Sometimes, victory comes just in time, but I think that Dickinson is saying here that no matter when victory is achieved, it is always late. People still have to die and for what?

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 17, 2008 5:32 PM.

The previous post in this blog was This is very true__(Foster Pg. 97).

The next post in this blog is Ok so this is something I agree with......(Monteiro).