« Do I want to be a journalist? | Main | Intentions affect results »

A Featured Experience

The final assignment for EL 227 was the dreaded, 1500 word Feature Article. A monster, feared by every student who has set foot in EL 227, devours students time, patience, and sanity, while sucking any lives that the students in this class may or may not have already had.

This assignment, though a bit scary, ended up being one of the most entertaining and enjoyable assignmentsthat I've ever completed. Being able to choose my own topic, I chose something that interested me: religions aroung the SHU campus.

I'm not really sure why this assignment gave me so much enjoyment, perhaps I was just in a good mood, perhaps it was the last one, or maybe because we were nearing the long-awaited holiday season. Nonetheless I learned so many interesting things about individuals in the Seton Hill Community. I had the pleasure of interviewing many, very different, individuals.

During this operation, I interviewed, a Catholic, Protestant, Jew, Buddhist, Non-denominational Christian, and a Wiccan. How many people have the chance to talk to this many individuals intelectually about their religion? (Probably a lot, but that's not the point.)

The point is that by just doing this assignment, I met new people, I learned about new religions, and I got a free pen! (From interviewing Jillian Kowalewski, but don't tell her I have it!)

This experience was a great one for me, and I feel that it was an excellent way to end the semester! Thanks everyone for a great time!!!

Posted by AndrewLoNigro at November 30, 2005 03:03 PM

Whew... Andy, you've certainly learned how to "hook" the reader with a catchy opening! I'm glad you ended up enjoying the assignment so much. You've certainly worked hard on it.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at December 1, 2005 11:08 AM