Reflection on Informal Oral Presentation

| 1 Comment | No TrackBacks

Three young journalists... three different chapters... one common goal.

In formal presentations are usually dreaded by college or high school students. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous. But the end result was worth it all.

Choosing a chapter was an interesting feat. I naturally wanted to choose the easiest one. However, I decided to choose the one that would teach me the most. Seeing how I'm computer illiterate, I chose chapter 8, "Next Steps," which is totally about the internet and technology.

The presentation itself was really a great experience. David, Dena, and I were prepared and wanted to do something really different, something exciting, something brand new! We though long and hard about trying a game, or a song, or an activity. Then all of the sudden we got it!!! "Let's just do it normal." So we did.

However, I feel that all of the presentations went well because of one simple reason, relaxation. Everyone in the room was just in a relaxed atmosphere. They were able to pay attention better and learn "MORE FASTER." Yes, there were some mistakes, but that's the fun part, laughing about your mistakes lightens the whole mood. I know that I learned alot from David and Denamarie and I hope that people learned a little more than they knew from me. It was a great experience and I learned a lot.

TrackBack URL: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/16928

I agree, there was a lot of energy in the room, and all three of you were deeply involved in the subject matter. Good job!