Blogging Portfolio 1

| 1 Comment | No TrackBacks

This is a portfolio of my best blogging to date. I am showcasing my ability to think critically about literature and to interact with others about their thoughts.

Coverage:
href="mailto:http://blogs.setonhill.edu/AndrewLoNigro/2006/01/reading_between.html#comments">Reading between the lines
This entry kicked the year off. I discuss how Foster points out the difference between reading material and analyzing it.
Turned around
This entry is on "Bernice bobs her hair" in which I discuss the reversal in the story.
Season's and Emotions
In this entry I discuss how authors use famous characters from the past to give reader's a mental picture of what they're trying to get across.
Dark and Stormy?
In this entry I discuss how weather conditions can affect the mood, tone, and atmosphere of a particular part of a story.
To think or not to think... that is the question.
With this entry, I discuss "How to build a fire." I talk about how I feel this story is about self-motivation and action.
Call of the Wild
This entry is written about the academic article that we read about Jack London. I discuss how London uses the man's inner thoughts to get across his important characteristics.
Something to believe in
This entry was written about "The Machine Stops." In it, I discuss how the machine is the people's "god" yet they say that they don't have a religion.
A poetic experience
With this entry, I basically get across my point that I don't know squat about poetry, but I'm willing to learn and to apply myself in order to get something out of it.
It's not so bad...
This entry is about Emily Dickenson's poem, "Because I could not stop for Death." I discuss how she makes death a pleasant experience through her words and alliteration.
Choose.
Probably, my favorite entry. Something about "Disillusionment of Ten O'Clock really hit me personally. I talk about things such as living life to the fullest and how some people are letting life pass them by.
The power of indecision
In this entry I basically compare "The love song of J. Alfred Prufrock" to Hamlet.
Happy Thought
I discuss this short poem in the most intellectual way possible.
The Turtle by Ogden Nash
This poem discuss how Nash is really saying how important nature is.
Trees, Turtles, and Swings
In this entry I talk about these three short poems. I give a thought or two on each of them.
Love isn't just a game
This entry is on Shakeseare's sonnet "Let me not to the marriage of true minds." I discuss how I feel that Shakespeare telling us that love can stand the test of time.
Are we conceited?
In this entry on the poem, "The Raven," I discuss how there is three levels of nature in this poem, and Coleridge uses these effectively to make the reader's think.
Do you fear Death?
In this entry about "Death be not Proud," I discuss how Death is a common thing and everyone must face it.
Why despair?
In this entry about the academic article dealing with "The Raven," I discuss how the no one is really selfish in this poem, even though most of us feel sorry for the raven.
A real eye-opener
In this first entry about "Antony and Cleopatra" I discuss how we really get to know the characters in the first two acts.
Wow
In this entry, I talk about how Shakespeare proves to us why he is Shakespeare. I talk about some of the character flaws in "Antony and Cleopatra" and discuss how some of the character's motives affect the outcome of the play.
Perseverance
This is a short story that I had written for class. It is a personal narrative in which I share my experiences with high school basketball. I learn how to lay my own emotions on the line and play for the betterment of the team.

Depth:
Choose.
Wow
The power of indecision
Are we conceited?
It's not so bad...
Turned around

Interaction:
Comment on Denamarie's blog
Comment on Kevin's blog
Comment on Sarah's blog
Comment to Brittney on course blog
Comment on Denamarie's blog
Comment on Dena's blog
Another comment on Dena's blog
Comment on Amanda's blog
Comment on Amanda's blog
Comment on Kevin's blog
Comment on Dena's blog
Comment on Erin's blog

Timeliness:
My timliness section features the same entries that are found under the coverage section. I blogged all of them at least 24 hours before the class period.

Discussion:
Discussion on Kevin's blog
Discussion on the course blog: "To build a fire"
Good discussion on Dena's blog about "The Machine Stops"
Discussion on Dena's blog with Kevin Hinton
Discussion on Kevin's blog
Discussion on Dena's blog about the academic article
Discussion on my blog about "Antony and Cleopatra"

Xenoblogging:
Sparked a discussion on Amanda's blog
Sparked a discussion on Kevin's blog
Sparked a conversation on Dena's blog
Sparked a discussion about "Antony and Cleopatra"

Wildcard:
Perseverance

TrackBack URL: http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt-tb.cgi/17333

Fantastic bloggage, Andy! Very good!
But check the first link on your list -- it broke.