Blogging Portfolio 2

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

This is the last blogging portfolio for the Spring 2006 semester. This blogging portfolio is showcasing my best and most in depth blog entries from March 1 to date. With this portfolio I hope to show that my critical thinking skills, my ability to understand in-depth analysis, and my ability to express my thoughts in a thoughtful way, have all grow during this semester. This is the second portfolio for EL 150 and I feel strongly that due to blogging and critical analysis, I am getting better at English and I hope that this has started off a great career in the field.

Coverage:
Politics or Opinion?
On this entry I discuss Foster's ideas of author's pushing opinions into their stories. I feel that they are closely related and must be differentiated.
Black Widow
On this entry I discuss this academic article and make a comparison between Cleopatra and a Black Widow spider in order to prove that she uses the men around her for political power and then is done with them.
Bowers Article
In this entry I discuss Rick Bowers and his interpretation of Antony and Cleopatra and the term "gogame." In which he shows how all the characters are involved in a power struggle.
Hall Article
In this entry I discuss Hall's approach to Antony and Cleopatra and the term "Heart." Hall discusses the Roman lifestyle and connects it to Shakespeare's play.
Comical Grammar
On this entry I discuss Lyne Truss's book, "Eats, Shoots & Leaves." I talk about how enjoyable her approach to literature is and how she challenges us to find out "inner-stickler."
Comma on!
On this entry I discuss Truss's chapter on commas in which I realized that I definately abuse them.
No Compromise
This entry discusses colon usage in Truss's book.
Second Time Around
On this post I talk about Haddon's novel "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time." I discuss how reading a work for the second time reveals new ideas. I also talk about how Haddon gives Christopher an "emotionless" personality.
Logical?
In this entry I discuss the second half of Haddon's novel. My main point is that Christopher bases his life on logic. His fears and his comforts all revolve around logical decisions.
A lot to think about
In this entry I discuss the first part of Arthur Miller's Resurrection Blues.
I talk about how this play is fast paced and how I like the character of Henri. I discuss his quote about love and life.
Hyphen and Dash
On this entry I discuss Lynne Truss's chapter on the hyphen and comma and point out some useful tips that I learned from it.
Emotionally Scarred
On this entry I discuss one of the many Foster selections in which he points out that physical scars in literature usually connect to an emotional problem.
Wearing Blinders
This entry deals with Foster's selection about readers' ability to keep an open mind when reading. He stresses the phrase Don't read with your eyes.
Two Worlds
On this enty I discuss Neal Stepheson's Diamond Age. I talk about how technology affects their world and I also ask a question dealing with the setting and time-period that this story takes place in.
Diamond Age 2
On this entry I discuss the second part of Diamond Age. I make a comparison between Chris in "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time" and Nell in Stephenson's article.
Another Learning Experience
On this entry I show the connection between Nell and her educational experience.
Is Utopia Obsolete?
On this entry I discuss the academic article "Is Utopia Obsolete" which discusses the difference between a Utopia and a Mutopia.
Hidden Meanings
On this entry I discuss how Arthur Miller hides double meanings in the middle section of Resurrection Blues
Resolved?
On this entry I talk about the conclusion of Resurrection Blues. I discuss how Miller pulls all of the individual characters and stories together at the end but the story doesn't really resolve.
Death be not Proud
This entry was about Magraret Edson's play Wit. I discuss the importance of John Donne's sonnets in Vivian's life and the reversal of roles that take place near Vivan's death.

Depth:
Black Widow
Comical Grammar
Second Time Around
Logical?
Two Worlds
Diamond Age 2
Hidden Meanings
Death be not Proud

Interaction:
Comment on Dena's blog
Comment on Mike's blog
Comment on Dena's blog
Comment on Dena's blog... again
Comment on Dena's blog
Another Comment on Dena's blog
Comment on Elyse's blog
Comment on Mandy's blog

Timeliness:
All entries also fall under timlieness. They were published 24 hours before the due date.

Discussion:
Politics or Opinion?
Comical Grammar
No Compromise
Second Time Around
A lot to think about
Hyphen and Dash
Two Worlds
Hidden Meanings

Xenoblogging:
Sparked a discussion about Truss
Sparked a conversation about "Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time."
Sparked a discussion about Diamond Age
Sparked a discussion about Resurrection Blues

Wildcard:
A & C
This is a reflection on SHU's production of "Antony & Cleopatra" in which I discuss how seeing the play helped me see even deeper into the plot and learn things that I didn't understand from just reading the paper.

TrackBack URL: