Portfolio 2, already?
It's so weird not having a lot of blogs to fill out a portfolio, but this section was not particularly blog heavy. I'm still learning about news writing. I really starting to see the inner workings of the news. Without further adeu, here is my portfolio:
- On-the-spot On? covers the material well. I comment on two separate articles.
- Great Tips for Writing an Article is in my opinion, the best blog I've written for this class. I go over several points of a particular chapter in Cappon's book. I created this little outline of quotes and tips to try to help the class and myself succeed in this class.
- Can you say tacky? looks at a few articles that have a lot of errors. It shows that even the professionals make mistakes (and makes me feel a little better about my mistakes). I had to look up each thing that was wrong in the article to make sure I was making proper criticism.
- Great Tips for Writing an Article is in my opinion, the best blog I've written for this class. This entry also appears above but I thought that it definately shows my ability to look at things with a critical eye.
- I Like Me Some Color! looks at multiple front pages of newspapers, covering what works and what does not. This blog exhibits my ability to pay attention to subtle details.
- Following the News is my latest blog. Unlike all of the other blogs, this is actually a series of entries all attached to this first entry. Although I did not get the results I was hoping for, I still learned a lot because the process made me stop and think.
- In April's blog, I posted my thoughts. I thought she wrote a great entry!
- The Big Picture and the Little Picture: Spot News is a well-done blog by Jeanine. I'd like to take this time to give Jeanine a virtual pat on the back. She's really been doing some great work! I commented first on her blog and other's agreed with my position.
- Abducted by Aliens sparked a discussion. Several of my peers suggested websites for me that were very helpful.
- I Like Me Some Color! looks at multiple front pages of newspapers. I used this entry above in depth, but it also belongs here because several students commented on my observations.
- On-the-spot On? was turned in early, as were many of my blogs with only a few exceptions.
- Can you say tacky? suggests that my peers and anyone reading my blog look at April's blog. She found some different mistakes in the article. I think her blog was well done.
- Derek Brings Up a Good Point is, besides a wildcard entry, basically a billboard for Derek's blog. I really like promoting other's blogs in my own blog because I know how great it feels to have your hard work recognized.
- Derek Brings Up a Good Point is one of my reflections. I really liked what Derek had to say in his blog about the impact that font has on the reader. I look at font in depth, using some of the vocabulary we learned early on in the class.
If you haven't had enough of me yet, check out my last portfolio