Portfolio 2, already?

It's so weird not having a lot of blogs to fill out a portfolio, but this section was not particularly blog heavy.  I'm still learning about news writing.  I really starting to see the inner workings of the news.  Without further adeu, here is my portfolio:

Coverage:

• On-the-spot On? covers the material well.  I comment on two separate articles.
  • Great Tips for Writing an Article is in my opinion, the best blog I've written for this class.  I go over several points of a particular chapter in Cappon's book.  I created this little outline of quotes and tips to try to help the class and myself succeed in this class.

Depth:

• Can you say tacky? looks at a few articles that have a lot of errors.  It shows that even the professionals make mistakes (and makes me feel a little better about my mistakes).  I had to look up each thing that was wrong in the article to make sure I was making proper criticism.
  • Great Tips for Writing an Article is in my opinion, the best blog I've written for this class.  This entry also appears above but I thought that it definately shows my ability to look at things with a critical eye.
  • I Like Me Some Color! looks at multiple front pages of newspapers, covering what works and what does not.  This blog exhibits my ability to pay attention to subtle details.
  • Following the News is my latest blog.  Unlike all of the other blogs, this is actually a series of entries all attached to this first entry.  Although I did not get the results I was hoping for, I still learned a lot because the process made me stop and think.

Interaction:

• In April's blog, I posted my thoughts.  I thought she wrote a great entry!
  • The Big Picture and the Little Picture: Spot News is a well-done blog by Jeanine.  I'd like to take this time to give Jeanine a virtual pat on the back.  She's really been doing some great work!  I commented first on her blog and other's agreed with my position.

Discussion:

• Abducted by Aliens sparked a discussion.  Several of my peers suggested websites for me that were very helpful.
  • I Like Me Some Color! looks at multiple front pages of newspapers.  I used this entry above in depth, but it also belongs here because several students commented on my observations.

Timeliness:

• On-the-spot On? was turned in early, as were many of my blogs with only a few exceptions.

Xenoblogging:

• Can you say tacky? suggests that my peers and anyone reading my blog look at April's blog.  She found some different mistakes in the article.  I think her blog was well done.
  • Derek Brings Up a Good Point is, besides a wildcard entry, basically a billboard for Derek's blog.  I really like promoting other's blogs in my own blog because I know how great it feels to have your hard work recognized.

Wildcard:

• Derek Brings Up a Good Point is one of my reflections.  I really liked what Derek had to say in his blog about the impact that font has on the reader.  I look at font in depth, using some of the vocabulary we learned early on in the class.

If you haven't had enough of me yet, check out my last portfolio

Home