GovWorld=One mess

Here's another progress report. I feel really overwhelmed now about the website. I'm filling in more information but it is starting to get cluttered I think. I need to find a way to make it look.....no so cluttered for lack of a better term. I also am no longer happy with the style, i.e background, fonts, colors, etc. Maybe it's because I've been looking at it for too long. I think I need to step back and make a to-do-list. I could also use some more usability testing although there still isn't very much to do on my site as far as navigation, but a fresh eye for design might not hurt.

TO DO LIST
  • make margins on the side to decrease the width of the pages
  • add links to words within the text
  • only make the home page have the background of the flag on it?
  • decrease/increase fonts
  • move pictures around
  • work on spacing in general
So far thats what I've got to do. I keep trying to do the touch ups before I even put all the information in. Perhaps that is why I am obsessing over the image. But, appeal is one of the main things that attracts users to your site.

David Wilbanks said:

I think you got a few of those issues taken care of today, but if you'd like me to test/assist at all, I'll probably be around for the majority of the break. I have no idea if you will, but feel free to e-mail me.