Portfolio Three: I Know They're Watching

What has been my progress in Writing for the Internet you ask? I can now successfully edit images and create videos for the web, and I am in the process of learning html, which is as daunting as it sounds.  I have improved the titles of my entries since portfolio 2, and it shows in that I received more comments this time around. From this course, I am becoming conscious of the role of audience in internet based writing as well as how to make that writing accessible and user friendly.

Interaction...

I commented on several of my peers' blogs. I am the anonymous contributor on Bethany's blog talking about dialogue as a writing prompt. I talked a little about children in the music industry and Willow Smith's career with Ashley. I commented on the quality of Erin and Patrick's multimedia project.

Depth...

I talk about commitment and what it means to blog purposefully in Blogging as Goal Fulfillment. 

In Dear Semicolon, I spend some time commenting on punctuation usage as a stylistic choice.

Discussion...

In this tweet, I link to an outside source that pinpoints the pros/cons of ranting in a blog, which I shared with Beth Anne.

My entry on Julie Powell's choice to blog her way through Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking started a nice discussion about the purpose of blogging.

Outside Material...

I incorporated photos, videos, or links in each of my blogs. If I mention/ reference something my readers might not be familiar with, I always link to content that will help orientate them with the subject.

Ethos...

17.5 Thoughts Entertained on Route 119 is an example of my propensity for reflection, especially regarding the mundane. 

Convention...

A Picture and a Word is an entry where I used multiple images that I cropped in Gimp then stored in Picassa.

Kayla and I's multimedia project best represents the progress I am making with technology.