« Chapter 7- AP Guide to News Writing | Main | Chapter 6 - Monitor Power and Offer Voice to the Voiceless »

To all future educators...

I just recently attended a conference at SHU that was given by PHEAA (Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency). When most people think of PHEAA, they just think about their financial aid; the loans and grants that they receive for each year. At least this is how I thought of them before I went to the conference. At this conference I found out that PHEAA provides teachers with FREE resources for their classrooms, such as quarterly planners, activity books, educational CD ROMS and CDs for the classroom, and much more. All you need to do is visit their website or call their main office and order the supplies, which will be delivered to your front door.
So anyone who wants to see what they can receive from PHEAA to help them with their teaching, just visit their website. Once you get to this website you need to follow these 5 steps:
1. Click on the counselors link under "partners"
2. Click "order materials online"
3. Complete your personal information
4. Enter the quantities of each item and click submit
5. Review all information to make sure it is correct and click submit

I hope that this will help each and every one of you with your teaching. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I have some examples of the materials at home.

Posted by AshleeLupchinsky at October 11, 2005 10:51 AM

Ashley, what a great resource! I went on to PHEAA's site right away and ordered a number of items. Finace in big for right now and I want to have something to give my students when I student teach about that very thing so PHEAA was quite helpful. Thanks again.

Posted by: John Haddad at October 11, 2005 04:33 PM