I bet you've never smelled a real school bus before. (reaches in pocket) Gummy bear? They've been in my pocket. They're real warm and soft.~The little girl on the bus at the end of Ferris Bueller's Day Off

After reading the link to the blog (Click here to view the blog), I felt like these 'bus plunge' stories were the newspaper's equivalent of what we talked about with the fillers in the news broadcasts on the television.  It seemed weird to me at first that a newspaper would need to have fillers, but the more and more I thought about it, it made sense.  There are slow news days, and those won't effect just the news we find on the television. 

No matter how you get your news, there will be days that you will find fillers intermixed in the news that you are watching, listening to, or reading.  Unfortunately, there are days where there aren't enough stories or the stories available just don't quite cut it, and its simple for editors to insert one of the fillers they have saved away in their file cabinets.

To see what my classmates have to say, click here!