Its the Never Ending Story!

The AP Style pretty clearly states that there is no need for a conclusion at the end of a news article.  However, for some reason, this is something that is extremely difficult for me to do.  I mean, you can't just stop with what you're saying right?  So technically doesn't it need some sort of conclusion?  I've been working hard on how to end news articles but I still have alot of difficulties with it.  One of the things I'm good at in my writing is being able to wrap up what I need to say, but when thats not needed, I get so lost. 

To see what my classmates have to say  click here!

I know exactly what you mean. I always try to follow the inverted pyramid when I write my news articles, so all my left-over information finds its way to the end of my article, but even then, I always try to wrap up my article with a summary. I think it's because we spend so much time in English class focusing on introductions and conclusions. We're just wired to want to review what we've already said for the readers. I actually don't see what the big deal is if we include a concluding sentence, because if it's a problem, the editors will delete it, and anyway, editors always cut the bottom of articles to make room anyway. Personally, I think there are more important things for us to worry about.