« Counting is What Counts | Main | Pathetic (that I didn't know it) Fallacy »

Repeat and Repeat AGAIN!

London, ''To Build a Fire'' -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

"It certainly was cold."

I know that I am suppose to make a connection of the stories, but I just couldn't stop thinking about this quote. Throughout the entire story I was very bothered by this repetition and found it very annoying. I think after the first two paragraphs I understood that it was cold out and was extremely bothered by the continued description of, just how cold it was!

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tb-awoisdlkfj.cgi/8971

MacKenzie Harbison:

I also used this quote and it also bothered me. But I do think there is more meaning behind it besides causing us much annoyance. I think it might have something to do with how the man knows it's cold, you know it's cold, and he can neither do anything about it nor does he try to. I felt like I already knew he was going to die because of how often the cold was mentioned.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on February 18, 2007 10:20 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Counting is What Counts.

The next post in this blog is Pathetic (that I didn't know it) Fallacy.