« Once Again...Who Knew? | Main | Anyone Else Feel This Way? »

Mmm Mmm Good Food

Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

"If you still persist in writing, 'Good food at it's best', you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave."

I picked this quote from Eats, Shoots and Leaves because I found it hilarious. Multiple times throughout the reading I was laughing out loud at the sarcastic tone and the stories Truss had to tell. While I was reading, I also realized that in this day and age, I almost accept these mistakes. After reading what Truss's reaction was when she viewed these mistakes, I realized how bad punctuation truly is and how I just overlook most of the grammatical errors that I see. I feel that so far this book has helped me realize how common these mistakes are and how BIG of a difference a little apostrophe can really make when you are trying to get a point across to someone.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tb-awoisdlkfj.cgi/9404

MacKenzie Harbison:

It is amazing how lax we are when it comes to punctuation. I think we're this way because technology allows us to be. We can get information across more quickly by taking shortcuts. The problem is that people tend to forget the rules of grammar if they don't use them almost everyday.

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on March 18, 2007 9:23 PM.

The previous post in this blog was Once Again...Who Knew?.

The next post in this blog is Anyone Else Feel This Way?.