« wow...I wish I would have known! | Main | Lame? »

I never think of this stuff...

O'Connor, ''The Life You Save May Be Your Own'' -- Jerz: EL150 (Intro to Literary Study)

"The body, lady, is like a house: it don't go anywhere; but the spirit, lady, is like a automobile: always on the move, always..."

After reading Mackenzie's blog, I realized how much Mr. Shiftlet resembled Christ. As I have been reading O'Connor's short stories, I have tried to look into the deeper meaning but I always seem to miss large hints such as the ones that Mackenzie did find when she read the story. I found it very interesting how this had an affect on the story when I thought about it afterwards. Although I am not sure if I total understand why O'Connor does it this way, there are so many things pointing striaght to the Christ explanation. As always I find it very interesting how people find different things in storeis and I glad that Mackenzie was able to point these things out to me through her blog.

http://blogs.setonhill.edu/mt/mt_tb-awoisdlkfj.cgi/9625

This page contains a single entry from the blog posted on April 3, 2007 2:16 PM.

The previous post in this blog was wow...I wish I would have known!.

The next post in this blog is Lame?.