« poems and more poems | Main | »

Coleridge's The Raven

Coleridge,''The Raven'' -- Jerz: Intro to Literary Study (EL150)<

The raven by Coleridge is about a love for his family, a life that they lived and the death had he had to endure and the revenge that he had on the person that killed his family. It says that he and his 'wife' were so happy having a family then all of a sudden it was taken away because of the manufacturing world. But then the raven goes from being so loving to wanting revenge and death upon the person that cut down 'his' oak tree. The poem was more about egtting revenge over something or someone for hurting the bird.. But I think that it was just a Coincidence. A bird can not make a storm or death happen... but he sure was glad that the person that mudered his family had his life aken away too. And if you think about it many people want the same thing. Lots of people and I think that I would at one point of time.. if someone heaven knows murdered someone close to me.. I would want revenge just like the raven. its normal to hate someone that much that does something so wrong. But when I write on paper or use a wooden pencil I dont think that possibly birds or animals were killed by someone cutting down a tree to manufacture things. It said and cruel to the nature and animal life.

Posted by Brittney Aller at February 13, 2006 12:20 PM