« | Main | Coleridge's The Raven »

poems and more poems

Poetry Selections -- Jerz: Intro to Literary Study (EL150)

TURTLE by V.L.
This poem is definately targeted toward an audience of a very young age.. Definately something that I would read to my little daughter.. yes I have a daughter.. But, it doesnt involve a lot of thought.. you basically know everything that happened. It one of those poems that you just love to hear.. everything always seems so hard but something this simple is so nice to read every once and a while.

TURTLE by O.N.
I loved this poem too.. It also is wuite simple by not soo juvenile.. yes it says in the poem
the plated decks which practically conceal its sex
I dont really know that much about turtles.. but I never thought of that.. All i can say is that this poem really makes sense.. The shell is the turles protection but it also covers so much of the turtles body that we really dont get a chance to see the 'turtle'. But then he goes on saying how they are fertile.. turtles reproduce like crazy.. so i dont see how that fits.

TREE
I really liked this poem.. it seems as though the author has a sense of humor..(because of the last line). It sounds so pretty and wonderful when someone can take words about nature and turn into beauty which is exactly what she did. This author really had a love for nature and trees and god because they all have a connection in this little poem. I really feel like planting a tree.

SWING
I think that I liked this poem the best.. It is so childish and juvenile. As I read the poem I can picture myself or a little child swinging on a swing. It really leaves something to the imagination.. about a child who can think of so many things to see as he swings on a swing.. I use to love to swing when i was little.. hey i still do.

HAPPY THOUGHT
This poem basically says that it doesnt take a page to make a good poem.. I like the thought that it says the world.. The world is so huge and it holds everything for everyone. It doesnt take a lot to make people happy, well me anyways, and I think that it means that everyone should be happy with what they have.. as happy as kings.

Posted by Brittney Aller at February 12, 2006 05:03 PM

You're right, it's nice to read something so simple, but still with a powerful message. Who doesn't want to live like a king? Everyone deserves this kind of happiness.

Posted by: Erin Waite at February 13, 2006 09:00 AM