« Brittney's Portfolio | Main | Eats, Shoots and Leaves (the COMMA!) »

March 02, 2006

Levin Article

Article: Levin -- Jerz: Intro to Literary Study (EL150)

I really love how so many people try to depict what happened in stories that were written so long ago. I wonder if authors, hundred of years ago, like Shakespeare, thought that his stories would be read and analyized like this. I really enjoy reading other peoples perspectives and ideas on stories. Especially when it is a novel by someone who is so popular and one who is so noticeable.

But even though I enjoy reading peoples opinions and what they interpret it is only one persons opinion and like I have learned before, there are many reasons and more than one meaning for a symbol.

This article really showed the love that Cleopatra really didn't have for Antony. She wasn't willing to die for Antony like he did for her but she only wanted to commit suicide after she found out about how Caesar was going to treat her. It is so strange to me because throughout the whole play you think that she is truely in love with Antony but if she was then why didnt she kill herself right after Antony like everyone wondered?

Throughout the reading that I had done on Antony and Cleopatra and even seeing the play at SHU it wasn't clear to me about the relationship that Cleopatra had with Caesar. vene though it refered to Caesar alot it made it quite unaware like Levin said wether it was Octavius Caesar or Julius Caesar.

And after reading this article I am sure that I do not like Cleopatra and I actually feel sorry for the cheating and weak Antony.

Posted by Brittney Aller at March 2, 2006 03:30 PM