One Last Hurrah (Final Portfolio)

This will be my final portfolio. It will only cover the work from the second half of the semester. In order to see earlier work, visit my first portfolio.

Coverage
These are my blogs that specifically quotes lines from the text and were blogs about the quotes.

Avant-Garde
Too Many Ideas

From looking through my blogs, I noticed that most of them did not involve direct quotes. I had a tendency to select overall themes and blog about broader ideas rather than choosing a specific quote and dwelling on it. I'm not sure if that was so bad. I think that in these specific blogs where I did quote the text that I was able to dig up pretty strong analysis. I'm especially proud of my blog about the Avant-Garde because I did a research paper on it in high school and I felt that it was a particularly good find when I discovered the quote.

Timeliness
These blogs are the blogs which I submitted on time. Only those that were up on Friday are listed.

Too Forward? I think so...
Being Marked for Greatness
Avant-Garde
The Ambiguity of Flight
Wonderfully Unique
Too Many Ideas

Here I made yet another discovery. At the beginning my blogs were all on time, and so too at the end. However a section in the middle, around March 21-29, most of my blogs appear on Saturday or Sundays. It appears as though I had a busy few weeks towards the middle of march there. Nevertheless, I also got my blogs up before Monday's class and I feel like even those that were late were still very substantial in the material. I'm also very glad that the trend did not continue and that the last several assignments are all on time once more.

Interaction
These blogs are the ones which sparked exceptional discussion. Only my blogs with the most comments and with the best discussions are included here.

Being Marked for Greatness
Not what you'd expect
Play on...names?
The Ambiguity of Flight
Wonderfully Unique

These blogs are the ones in which good discussion were started. I noticed that one or two of them do not actually include responses of mine. This frustrated me somewhat that during that particular week I did not have time to answer my peers. However, they left me very eloquent feedback and I felt compelled to point out their success. I was, however, proud of the over all compilation of this section. I feel like I have a solid amount of blogs with large amounts of comments that one of them even prompted feedback from you. It was very uplifting to have my peers respond in such high amounts to my work.

Depth
These blogs are the ones which I am especially proud of. Some of them are included here because of the length, while others are simply average length but a blog in which I feel that I made an especially good or unique point. Some of them are here because I blogged about something that I feel others did not know about.

Too Forward? I think so...
Not what you'd expect
The "Southern Cross" reference
Play on...names?
The Ambiguity of Flight

This section was very uplifting because as I reviewed my work I found several blogs to take pride in.  Not what you'd expect is what I consider to be a pretty deep first take of My Papa's Waltz. When I consider the fact that our blogs prompted a very heated discussion that week, I believe that the blog counts in the depth section. The "Southern Cross" reference is one that I am very proud of because that line is pivotal to the poem. Without understanding the reference then the setting is not clear to the reader. I was very happy that I could point that out to my peers. I feel that the reason which I did not receive any comments is because there were multiple poems to read and thus my peers commented on different poems. Play on...names? is another blog in which I feel I brought something new to the table. I don't think that many people new about the Ellison Emerson connection and it was fun for me to be able to bring it up. I am just as proud of my prior knowledge as I am of what I learned in this class. Finally,  I consider The Ambiguity of Flight to be a very deep analysis of Foster. I took one of his main points and pointed out how it could work just the same but in a different way. I doubt Foster himself even inteded to write it so, but I saw the connection in his work. I think it was pretty deep.

Discussion
These blogs are not mine, but rather of my peers. Here is where I have left particularly good comments that sparked discussion.

The Little Things
seX, sEX, SEX
Attention Grabber
Mixed Emotions

I seem to struggle with this section because it is difficult for me to track down my comments. That said, I think that these five represent a pretty good job of commenting. In most of them I don't just leave normal comments, but spark a discussion. People tend to come in later and either argue with me or else build off of what I say and agree with me. Over all I'm pretty content with how well I gave feedback to my peers. I know how much I appreciate receiving comments and so I tried hard to leave good, constructive feedback.

And so that's it. All the books are read. All the blogs are blogged. Everything's all put together except the final. And this, my final portfolio, is my last ditch effort to convince you of how well I've done and how much I've learned. I hope you agree with me that I always tried my very best, and I always brought a new perspective on things. I think I did a good job of bringing in background knowledge to the works and also of analyzing the text present. I tried to also bring something unique to the table so that I wasn't simply giving the same cookie cutter answers.

Over all, I enjoyed blogging very much. Never before have I experienced something like it. It was wonderful to engage in discussions with my peers outside of class and it was nice to "show off" my good work. Sometimes when you discover a new conenction in the text or come up with something pretty smart it can feel nice that you can blog it and get it out there isntead of having to share it in class. I really enjoyed these exercieses.