Media Lab: Mass Circulation and Reporting

A History of News: Chapter 12

The most interesting thing I found on this chapter was the part about the Cherokee language. I thought that it was interesting that the Cherokee wanted to find a way to communicate like the white settlers did. The "talking leaves" as they refered to them as, seemed to me like newspapers and it was interesting how it talked about the young daughter being the first to learn the full language this way.

A History of News: Chapters 13 & 14

These sections actually interested me, because of their relation to the reading for the News Writing class. In News Writing the readings talk about the mistakes reporters make and this reading talked about the history of how reporting came along. Going from observation to now what it is today. These chapters were the most interesting because I think that they tie into what we are told to do with the Setonian the most. They show other ways that reporting went through to become what we do now.

Listed below are links to blogs that reference this entry: Media Lab: Mass Circulation and Reporting.

» Media Lab: Part Three from Barely a woman, but 18 years in...

Maddie Gillespie said:

It's interesting that you shose this to blog about, truly unique. I would expect nothing less! Unfortunately, the leaves didn't last too long hm? Oh well, with the young daughter being the first to learn the full language in this manner only goes to show that men are from Mars and women are from Venus. ^_^