« EL150: Oh Nicholas Sparks. | Home | Happy Love Day & I like bonus points. »

EL150: I'm not gonna write you a love song...

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

26 "There will be time, there will be time
            27 To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet;"

First I would like to say how this poem reminded me of one of my favorite songs. (So the post before this one is right, no story is ever truely new.) Anyway, I really picked this quote for no reason, just to give a little advice. "To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet" AKA to make yourself look good for everyone in the world that you might encounter that day. I like that it says there will be time twice, because I always feel like I am rushing to get ready and rushing through the day and never really sit back and take in what is going on.

There will be time, THERE WILL BE TIME, to get ready for the day and get ready to meet and see the people you're meant to see. Slow down kids, life isn't long enough for rushing - but there will be time.

It is interesting that I passed over these two important lines while I read the poem the first time. This kind of goes back to it is important to make a good first impression. I for one think that it is important to make good impressions but to whom do you make the good impressions for. Do you want the bum on the street to think your attractive or the boss? Do you want the employer to adore your wardrobe you’re your thoughts. Who are you trying to impress?