« EL150: This would be sentimental.... | Home | 1 Samuel 12:24 »

May 2, 2008

Welcome to Seton Hill: you're gonna love it.

I'm not going lie - I love Seton Hill. Okay, that's actually an understatement. I ADORE Seton Hill. Now of course there are some problems, but EasyMac was invented for the days the college cafeteria's don't have the greatest selection. (You're going to eat it later in the day anyway, after all - the freshman 15 isn't refering to how many credits to take.) Seton Hill has it's downfalls, but what campus doesn't. I honestly have to say that the only real problem I see at SHU is also what makes this campus great. It's small and everyone knows everyone. This is bad because people know your flaws, but its great because you always know someone will be there to help you.

I've got one week left in my first year...then I'm no longer a freshy! That's pretty exciting actually. I can't believe that this time last year I was going to prom, and getting ready for my last summer "as a kid." I can't believe that I actually made it through life without the great people that I've met this year, before coming to SHU. What I really can't believe is how much I've grown, changed and above all how much I've learned. Not only the stuff I've learned in the various classrooms, but what I've learned on the weekends, or in the Brownlee lounge late at night, or just randomly off campus with friends, and I don't know how I'll be able to make it through a summer without those kids. We've all had our share of ups and downs, but I hope I never lose these guys, they basically complete me.

I feel smarter now too, its weird. I always knew I was a bright kid, but randomly I'll find myself in conversation about anything, and know interesting facts or how to do something or fix something or anything and I'm right about it. Seton Hill really snuck up on me in that way. I always try to look back on the school year and think of what I've learned, and usually I'm over it pretty quick and realize it wasn't much. (I'm glad SHU doesn't make me feel the way LHS did after each year.) I really felt like here I learned to learn...not learn to get the right answers on some test and then forget about it. I actually learned something, and remember how to apply what I've learned to life.

But enough with the sap...let's look back on fun learning times through pictures...

really is the place for smiles

can't say it any better

finals survial kits = heaven

the most FAQ on campus

most loved cafe meal

favorite building on campus

my shared library is one of the most used in the network = i rock

plus   equals amazzzzzing

I'm sure I'm missing some stuff but you get the idea...it's been a good year. 

Cheslea, thanks for sharing your thoughts at (or every near) the end of your first year. I think the excellent home-made potato chips should deserve a special mention, as well as the salad bar.

You've come a long way in a short time, and it's great to see your enthusiasm for what's coming next.

Oh good call, home-made chips do rock.