« When my job becomes my work | Home | Oh yeah, I am a writer... »

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming

Hmmm....blogging portfolio three for Writing for the Internet. A time to reflect on the past month or so in the class and the work we've done and to see what we've learned so far this semester. Oh, memories.

Must say, this class is not what I expected it to be; however, I've learned a lot through it. I learned where my strengths and weaknesses are when it comes to the internet - and where I'm willing to learn. (ex: I may actually use html someday for a client, so I was willing to learn more and more about that but I never see myself making text games so I was never really head over heels in learning how to do that better.)

On to the entries.

Coverage - I did miss a blog entry this time around. I missed the blogging for October 29, and I'm going to guess that it's because that blogging was about making text games, which I said wasn't of great interest to me - so that homework assignment clearly was put on the back burner that night. (I probably had to write a large paper for another class that night as well. Good possiblity.)

Timeliness - Like I said in the portfolio two, my account of timely is much sooner than Jerz's so I did okay with that this time around. I've gotten much better at the timely thing especially since last year. Some entries that prove that are as follows.

Discussion/Interaction - Usually my best areas but this time around I fell through with it. However, there is some class business going on, on my blog - along with some outsider comments.

Depth - I did not do as well as I did on this part as I did in the last portfolio either - but we did notice in the last portfolio that not many people commented when I had a lot of depth entries - so I'm trying to find the "happy medium" in this section still.

A decent portfolio. Not one of my best but still decent.

The Inform 7 exercise is meant as an introduction to programming, which will become more important in EL405.

The game itself is just a way to connect programming to storytelling (which generally appeals to English majors than the typical exercises that computer science students do when they learn programming -- sorting a list of numbers, doing arithmetic equations, etc.).