« But when it snows, it snows and snows... | Home | Fasting for Lent »

In memory of a friend...

I have to admit that I was ashamed of being part Journalism major yesterday when about 100 or so people were trying to mourn for a wonderful guy while cameras were in each face and waiting for any tears to drop.

Because of my major, I understand that they need to tell the news and need to get the story out there, but live taping of the memorial? And cameras crowding around a bunch of crying students? It made me sick to hear the cameras snapping away as soon as Father Stephen told us to give each other signs of peace and comfort. Do you really need that many pictures of people hugging? I'm sure everyone understands that Seton Hill is still in mourning.

However, I was proud, and more accepting of my second major, when I read an article in the Tribune Review today. After hearing countless times that there was a picture of me on the front page, I finally tracked one down at lunch to check it out. (I hated the picture.) But this is the best article I've read about Briggs so far. 

Thank you, Jennifer Reeger for painting a more accurate picture of Joe for those that did not have the chance to meet such a caring person. I picked the Journalism major because I wanted to give a better name to "media" and the reputation that goes along with it. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who is trying to do that.

Please continue to pray for the Seton Hill community, Joe's friends back home and especially his family. You're missed Briggs - you truly are. <3