« Shopping always has been my favorite game. | Home | Love, Chels. »

Let's get real here, Chels.

So let's forget about the last post I made about my Inform 7 project, because that was quite lofty. I'm about to get a lot more practical with my goals since, that's kind of important and since I need to have something decent enough to test soon and all I have right now are stores with nothing in them to buy. (Which is the whole point of a mall after all, right?) No one really likes window shopping.

I decided to get more specific too, so maybe people will actually use outside knowledge of what certain stores sell in them while playing the game. I'm using stores such as, Bath & Body Works, Toys 'R Us, Hallmark, American Eagle, F.Y.E. and Champs. (I'm sure there are some kinds of restrictions about using the names of these places but since this is simply a class project that I don't plan on doing anything with outside of class and will make zero profit from the finished product, I'm going to guess that it isn't a big deal. To be honest the game is eventually going to be deleted anyway since I'm a senior and within a year or so my account and information will be deleted. So I think I'm in the clear.

Below is my new map for my game. MUCH easier to do than before. Right now, the mall is set up, background information is in place and all I need to do now is make sure the player can buy what is on the shopping list and finish this sucker up.

untitled.GIF