« Love, Chels (number two) | Home | Oh, it's the most wonderful time... »

Cue "The Final Countdown."

Alright so we are finishing the three major projects we've begun in my New Media Projects class, Scratch, Inform 7 and HTML & CSS. It's been an interesting ride to say the least. Here's my portfolio of my projects for the last time.

Scratch

I liked Scratch - even though I had no idea what it was prior to this class, I found it easy to use and overall a nice program (since it never gave error messages) and since it was so kid-friendly and colorful it was always nice, visually, to work with it in that way too.

I'm really proud of my Scratch project. I accomplished everything I set out to do with it and enjoy the outcome. From the beginning I didn't really have many frustrations with the project since it was so easy to work with and I like how it turned out in the end.

Changes I made to the project.

Laura testing my Scratch project.

Inform 7

Well, since I have a biased opinion against Inform 7 I tried to make my project into game that I wouldn't mind playing. So there are a lot of things to examine and look at and really without looking at everything, you don't understand the character. I also tried a lot of things that I wouldn't have thought of testing out the last time I worked on Inform, during my sophomore year, so I'm feeling okay about this project...but I still don't like Inform.

Megan testing my game.

Showing my changes after Megan's test.

HTML & CSS

I liked the idea of making an online portfolio into an iPad friendly website. Even though I don't know too many people outside of Seton Hill that actually have one, I'm sure they will be getting bigger in the coming years and improving as well, so this was something useful to learn about. I'm okay with this project since I know I'll be coming back to it for my final project in the course and can really fix it up for use after this class.

Me going through my website

Coryn telling me what to change  and Coryn telling me some more things

Overall

I'm happy with the work that I've done in this course. I like that I learned how to use Scratch (even though I'll probably never use it again) I'm glad that I don't hate Inform as much as I did before this class and I'm glad that I have an online portfolio that I can actually use if I wanted to.

For my final project I'm focusing on completely redoing my online portfolio to make it even more iPad friendly and just an overall better design and features. Hopefully it'll turn out just as well as I think everything else did.