« Appalling. | Main | Information really is not enough.... »

Intro of Elements

Elements of Journalism (Intro, Ch 1, & Ch 2) -- News Writing (EL 227)

Talk about grasping attention of readers, this book does a very good job of doing so. I love reading books that are easily read and understood. This is definately one of them.
I am so fascinated by the fact that literature and certain concepts are so universal. Kovach and Rosenstiel demonstrate this in their introduction of Elements of Journalism. The fact that the concept of news is universal never crossed my mind. These authors are just so clever. I suppose that's why they get paid the large sums of money that they do. They bring up alot of points in the intro that made me think. The fact that people have this instinct to know what is going on was one of them. People today feel like if they watch the news, and if they know what is going on in the world, they are in control. What a false sense of control to have though. Honestly, if I know that China has some very intelligent people, how is that going to stop terrorists from destroying our lives in America? The reality is, that it's not. It's interesting to think about though.

Posted by CheraPupi at September 27, 2005 5:28 PM

I feel less in control when I watch television news. I'm far too impatient and hate waiting around for the stories.

Posted by: Kayla Sawyer at September 27, 2005 6:18 PM