« Chapters 3-5 | Main | ehh... »

Lots of football!

So I remember looking through the Setonian and reading ALOT of articles about football, but I couldn't remember seeing an article on the first home football game. So I went back again, and I was right. There isn't an article on the first home game EVER. The article in The Comminicator was rather short, and my article doesn't really compare. Their article basically just gave a few facts and basically focused on the fan support. My angle for my article was about the scare of not playing because the field was not ready. I know that Dr. Jerz told us that sport's writers have a little more freedom when it comes to being biased, but something really stood out to me when I was reading the article in The Communicator. The author was telling the score of the game, and said, "the disapointing final score was..." That seemed to be a little too much. There was also alot of useless information. For example, the author said that the crowd "was largely made up of SHU students, faculty, alumni, parents, and community supporters." The concept of fans really did not need to be explained to readers.

Posted by CheraPupi at September 27, 2005 6:05 PM

Chera's comments about the communicator and the Setonian emphasizing football were kind of upsetting. I did not think the Setonian tslked that much about football. They did talk about the football team because they are a new thing, but it did not talk about it to an annoyig extent.

Posted by: Rachel Prichard at September 27, 2005 10:28 PM