« School Work: How much help is too much? | Main | Cover Page 2 (Newswriting) »

Editorial idea...

Ex 2-2: Editorial -- News Writing (EL 227)

I'm not sure of the policy of vandalism in any other dorm on this campus. I know about Havey's policy, that's for sure. Havey has a policy that if something is broken in this building (it can literally be ANYTHING), EVERY SINGLE resident is fined. Now, let me give you a few examples. This hall is primarily made up of men. These men think that it's not neccessary to swipe their card to get through the front doors, rather, they rip the door open, which results in them breaking, which results in a whole building fine. Want another example? Two really bright guys got into a fight in the stairwell one evening and shattered a window, resulting in a building fine. Want to hear one more? A REALLY stupid one? Someone or something broke the community microwave in our lounge, resulting in a building fine. I have not used this microwave ONE time since I have been here, but I have to pay a fine. Rumors about how the microwave broke are flying, however the most popular seems to be that it was broke as a result of the bad storms we had here a few weeks ago. Regardless, the fines have got to stop.

Posted by CheraPupi at October 12, 2005 2:30 PM