« Yay blank verse day :( | Main | Cover Entry-Blog Portfolio 2 »

April 1, 2007

I can see clearly now, the blogs have helped!

I just wanted to kind of write a little entry on how helpful blogs have been to me in my education here at SHU.

Last year, when I first started blogging, I HATED it! I thought that it was busy work and I had much better things to do than blog 24 hours before class. It slowly became part of my routine though and soon it became second nature. I'd wake up, read, and post an agenda item within an hour. Although I didn't mind it at that point, I still thought it was busy work.

This year I feel much differently. I'm not sure if it's because I'm encountering many more works for the first time, whereas last year I had previously read many of the works I was required to for class, but either way, I now see the educational value more than ever before. I have not been having the easiest time with Flannery O'Connor's short stories. I've often had to read them three times to pick up on everything I should be. Reading peer's blogs has helped me drastically! Getting to see what someone else saw in the same work has really cleared things up for me many times. Things finally click!

So I'll admit Dr. Jerz, that I have had a sincere change of heart. I do see the point in doing these things and I finally understand why blogs are so useful. In addition to always having something to talk about in class to keep discussion going, they have helped me personally numerous times throughout the semester. I can see clearly now!

Posted by CheraPupi at April 1, 2007 10:01 AM