« It's about time. Portfolio 2 is up and at 'em. | Main | Your contributions to the Internet could KILL you. »

In retrospect. . .

Writing for the Internet has taught me the most, technologically-wise. At first, I didn't even know what a blog entry was. In my first blog entry, I sunk so low that I talked about a game that I played in 1996, called Super Munchers. It was late, because I had no clue what I was doing. Through the course, I got to express myself through these blog entries. I got to express my feelings towards certain issues, think up some of the most creative projects that I have ever thought of.

Blogging has no limits. You can be as risque as you want, (i.e. Paul's Blog Entry) you can be as creative as you want, (i.e. John's blog about his IF game) and be as opinionated as you want.

The class wasn't all about blogging. It was about brainstorming idea's for websites, (like my own about Chan Wook Park's Vengeance trilogy), playing interactive fiction games like "Castle Adventure" (One of the worst games to ever plague this planet, ever. Don't play it. Trust me.)

Every now and then, Dr. Jerz would assign a portfolio, so that we could reflect on what we have achieved throughout the semester. Here is portfolio 1 and portfolio 2. As you can see, the difference from the first to the second is significant. One can tell that I have become more accustomed to writing and using the Internet. I guess that was the goal of the class.

So...if learning to write on the Internet was the goal of this class, it is apparent that I have achieved it. I learned to increase my creativity, narrow down my thoughts, and expand my mind. I even learned what fisking is!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!1111111111111

It's nice to see that you've gotten more comfortable with the subjects we used learned in class. I like seeing someone else getting comfortable and good at blogging too. Once you learn how to use your blog, it really makes you want to write for it. You have reached your goal of learning to "write for the internet," but take what you learned and use it in some other classes too.