« Everyman | Main | »

Fuddy Meers

Limping Man: Oh. I'm thorry, but whenever you thit on my right like thith, you'll have to speak up. I'm deaf in thith ear.

Claire: (yelling into his ear) All right!

Limping Man: I'm altho blind in thith eye.

Claire: Should you be driving

Limping Man: No, but tho long ath they don't catch me,we'll be thuper.

Claire: So long as who doesn't catch you?

Limping Man Pleathe, you're athking too amny quethtions.

Claire: I'm sorry, but that's all I have right now.

I thought that this part was really funny.I mean it is pretty obvious that this play is a cmedy type play. Claire has a serious condition and this part just kind of made me laugh because the Limping Man isn't perfect. I mean, that right there is obvious as the reason why a doorknob should be on a door. And I just thought of something (I don't know if this is just my imagination running wild or maybe it actually has to do with the play) but maybe him saying all the things that are wrong with him kind of symbolizes Claire's amnesia. Like i said I do not know if that is just my mind or whatever lol.

I read in Amanda's blog that she had a hard time reading the text with a character. I felt the same way about Limping man but it didn't drive me crazy. I had to go over what his lines were time and time again but I wasn't going insane or anything. I think because I've had two years of drama experience (where I've had to read Noises Off, which is a hectic play by itself in text) that it was easier for me to read it.

Andy also talked about how Limping Man is a very funny character. I blogged saying that i totally agree saying that if someone like him threatened me, it would be hard not to laugh. It kind of reminded me of Daffy Duck when he talks and spit flies out of his mouth. I just found that kind of entertaining.

Posted by DanielleMeyer at October 4, 2005 11:52 PM

Daffy Duck!! What a perfect description!!

Posted by: Katie Lambert at October 5, 2005 12:47 AM

That'th dethpicable.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at October 13, 2005 10:48 PM