« Hamlet | Main | Hamlet Pt 2 »

Newswriting article on Friday

Last Friday Dr. Jerz read us this article. I tried to write down as much information as I possible but I just could not remember it all. I became aggravated... not necessarily at anyone, but just in general. I realize that the purpose of that was that when you are at an actual press event or a breaking story, you won't get all the information you want (unless you have a tape recorder thats where you become smart). I didn't have a big article at all. I didn't think it was good. I know he didn't expect it to be the best thing possible (obviously under the circumstances). I'm the type of person that likes to do the best at what is given to me. That, however, wasn't the best lol so it was hard. It was a very valueable thing to teach us. Even if it wasn't worth anything though I still think i could have done better if i got the most important information.

Posted by DanielleMeyer at October 23, 2005 01:46 PM

That's right, Danielle -- when a lot is happening quickly, the process of gathering the news can be confusing and overwhelming. Since the next book we're going to look at will emphasizes mistakes that journalists have made, I wanted to remind everyone of just what journalists can face on a daily basis.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at October 23, 2005 04:29 PM