« Chapter 4 and 5 in It Ain't Necessarily So | Main | The Glass Menagerie Pt 1 »

Chapter 6 and 7 in It Ain't Necessarily So

Chapter 6 talks about polls and how they are dishonest sometimes. It had examples of a question being asked and two polls said two different finalized answers. Reading this chapter made me realize that when I read polls and statistics over a general and broad audience that I will probably do research behind what the poll is in fact polling.

Chapter 7 talks about risks of information. I found this to be kind ofin between for me. What I mean by that is that some of the things they talked about in the chapter would probably scare me. There was an example about meat and E-coli. It said that the dangers of it can be lessend by cooking beef thoroughly enough. It made me think in between because like I said reading that example would probably scare me alittle but I've cooked beef many times as well as my family and I've never felt sick. While I'm eating the meat I'm not thinking constantly that I'm going to get E-coli. So for this chapter i felt in between and like i could understand both sides of the examples.

Posted by DanielleMeyer at November 1, 2005 03:21 PM