« Two sides (A Man for All Seasons) | Main | A Man for All Seasons pt 2 »

My CST topic

Ex 2-1: CST Application Report -- Drama as Literature (EL 250)

I have an idea in my head on what I want to do but I'm not quite sure if it would work and I'd like to see what people think as well.

The play that I chose to do was Kindertransport. I was thinking of using the Principle of the Common Good. After the quote it says "The common conditions the bishops have in mine presuppose 'respect for the person'..." So what I was thinking of was that Faith to go through her moms things leading to the finding of her past, threfore not respecting her property and not respecting her as a mother. I'm not exactly sure what my argument would be... I could use is it right that she went through her mothers things or was it not and prove points for both sides.

Does this sound good? Please give feedback if you want, I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Posted by DanielleMeyer at November 10, 2005 11:18 AM

Very interesting... I hadn't really thought of looking at Faith's actions. Obviously, Faith has to perform those actions or we wouldn't have the play that we've got, but I do think it's useful to weigh individual actions against CST, in addition to weighing deeper cultural traits and concepts.

Posted by: Dennis G. Jerz at November 10, 2005 05:53 PM