« The Glass Menagerie Pt 1 | Main | Kindertransport »

The Glass Menagerie Pt 2

Jim: Still I'm Awefully sorry that I was the cause.
Laura (smiling): I'll just imagine he had an operation. The horn was removed to make him feel less. freakish.

I feel at this part Laura is finally starting to let her guard down about her having a "defect". I think the reason why she is and was so insecure about it in the first place was because of her mother. But anyway, at this part I think that Laura isn't so worried about her appearance (I guess you can call it that?). She is starting to feel the same feelings for Jim that she once felt before and with that, joking around about the unicorn not having a horn anymore. Maybe that signifies that she isn't feeling so worried about her limp because Jim said he hardly noticed it in high school...

Posted by DanielleMeyer at November 3, 2005 08:52 PM

Yes, Danielle I think you are right. I think when the unicorns horn breaks off, instead of getting upset, she looks at the bright side of things by saying she thinks the unicorn will feel like he can fit in more. And I think because of the talk with Jim, Laura realizes that she can feel that way too.

Posted by: Lorin Schumacher at November 4, 2005 07:31 AM