« I want to be God too! | Main | Battle of the Angels »

Elements of Journalism CH 6-8

By reading these three chapters in The Elements of Journalism, I gained a lot of information that will help in the future in EL227 and other journalism classes i will probably take in teh future. The Engagement and Relevance chapter was very informative. It gave me a new way of how to write for the audience. I learned that while i write my articles i should think of who is going to read the article and what do the people need to know about this subject to make up their own minds. Also with the "new definitions" of who, what, when, where, why, and how i can write a more informative yet simple lead. Making the story memorable was a great sub-section. By using metaphors and hidden structures, it maked it more memorable and genuine as well as unique. Exactly what i want.

Posted by Denamarie at October 7, 2005 04:51 PM

Yeah, Dena, I agree. And I think that the new way of looking at "who, what where, when, and why" will help us who are more accustomed to writing and reading literature be able to change our styles to the way we need to for newswriting.

Posted by: Lorin Schumacher at October 9, 2005 03:02 PM