« Enough with this already | Main | Blog Carnival »

Malibu had her snow boots on

STUPID?!

Well, it was this day last week, the 13th, when the snow was coming down in vast amounts.
It was a normal day for me. I woke up at 5:30AM for practice at six and then went lifting. My roommate and I got a little hungry after all that and decided, "Hey, let's go to Starbucks and tanning." Of course, we did. Not even caring that it was snowing outside we jumped into her Chevrolet Malibu and headed to Starbucks. We didn't mind that there was at least six inches of snow on the roads because the Malibu and her snow boots on. (A little inside joke)
We arrived at Starbucks in one piece, sat down drinking our lattes and frappucinos for a while and then headed towards Tan Around the World to catch some rays. (We know they are fake and can cause cancer) Drving again on Route 30, we some how ended up in the left lane that was untouched by both plows and other vehicles. As my friend tried to merge into the right lane, we almost died.
We both simutaneously looked to our left and saw the cement divider, the wall, about one foot away from the Malibu. With a sense of panic and fear, my friend turned the wheel as we started to slip and slide down Route 30 as if we were on a water ride at Kennywood. After about 5 left-to-rights, we ended up in our desired lane. Luckily for us, there were no cars in front of us or behind us.
Luckily for us, we ended up at the tanning salon in one piece all because of Malibu's snow boots.

Posted by Denamarie at February 20, 2007 10:41 AM

And this is why I love personal stories on blogs... They spice up the typical academic posts. They bring you, as a person, to life.

Thanks for sharing. :) You should read my one on the ice scraper...

Posted by: Karissa at February 20, 2007 4:34 PM