What kind of reader are you?

"...the implied reader as a concept has his roots firmly planted in the structure of hte text; he is a construct and in ono way to be identified with any real reader."

I never realized the many different types of readers. I knew that everyone interprets works in different ways, but I thought the different types of critcism was supposed to be the most complex idea.

I guess I could call myself an implied reader only because I love looking into the textual structure within a story as well as diction, symbolism, alliteration and so on.

The concept of the implied reader is to designate a network of response-inviting structures which persuade the reader to grasp the text. Does the implied reader give a role to the structure of the text to help a reader comprehend the work?

At the end of the essay, Iser says, "The concept of the implied reader offers a means of describing the process whereby the textual structures are transmuted through ideational activities into personal experiences."

Did Iser end the essay by stating that reader-response only is correct if it comes from the implied reader?
I didn't quite understand the end.

Jason Pugh said:

To me it seems like the implied reader is the reader that the text is meant for. I believe that I believe that I was an actual reader, as it has been described, because I think that I instilled my judgments into the story, before I have ever read it. I now feel that I am now a mixture of both implied and actual reader because I realize that the story sets up situations for me to interpret in a way, and the importance of the narrator is always a factor in any type of story. Overall, I was quite perplexed, but I basically just "went for it"