Which model are you?

"The unspoken message in the standard model is, 'Do what I say.' In the interactive models, the unspoken message is, "Is this what you want?'"

Let's see if you are standard or interactive.

Take the quiz.

1) Do you want to know the right answers?
2) Do you want to know the right questions?

If you answered yes to 1, you are standard. If you answered yes to 2, you are interactive.

1) Do you learn more from failures and mistakes?
2) Do you learn more from success?

If you answered yes to 1, you are interactive. If you answered yes to 2, you are standard.

1)Do you look towards the future?
2) Do you demand immediate results?

So did you answer yes more to the standard culture or the interactive culture?

I was mixture.
I want to know what the right answers are because I probably already have the questions. STANDARD

I learn more from failures and mistakes.
INTERACTIVE

And I look to the future a lot. I mean, I am a dreamer.
STANDARD

Who are you more like? Do you agree with the results? Why or why not?

-------------------------------------

"Standard culture adherents wait for someone to give order; interactives decide what to do and then do it."
I thought that I was one that decided what to do, when to do it and how to do it. But then again, I do wait sometimes for an order to be given before I start anything. When writing a website, we should be write in between both the standard culture and the interactive culture so that the website will attract both audiences.

I like how you wrap this up at the end, it's a great way to put it all into perspective. (I got interactive, interactive, standard.) So I'm a mixture too - just in different ways. But like you said, if we are able to put both of these ways together then our websites will be good for all audiences.

Alex Hull said:

I loved your use of a quiz. Reader involved: check. The point of the entire thing was very interesting though. We should be able to appeal to both types of audiences when writing for our websites. Will Kilian help us with that? We'll see...